“You formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother’s womb.” – Psalm 139:13-16
Review and Comments
Miraculous Me is a story told from the perspective of an unborn child who knows it is cherished even in its mother’s womb. The child describes itself as “a hidden miracle, a gift from above, and a treasure.” The child listens to its parents’ musings about their baby’s future. What will their child be like? What will their child like to do? The message the parents want their child to know is that he or she is precious, and God will guide the way throughout his or her life. They know for sure their child will have a beautiful life. Now they wait patiently for the joyous day of their child’s birth when they will see the infinite love of God in the gift of their child.
This gospel of life is expressed so simply and beautifully in the rhythm of rhyme and colorful pictures. It is a wonderful story for every child and a cherished memory for every parent. How profound the lesson; how marvelous the truth!
There are no concerns with this book.
- Pray for an unborn child’s development month by month. Show the size and weight and discuss what is developed each month. [Example: Month 3 – Arms, hands, fingers, legs, feet and toes are fully formed.]
- The parents in the story wonder what their child will do in the future. Discuss with your child what he or she wants to do now and in the future. What does he or she think God wants? Illustrate your child’s plans.
- Jesus, Author of Life, have mercy on us.
Prayer for an Expectant Mother
Lord Jesus, I lovingly pray for this sweet hope that I keep within my womb.
You have granted me the immense gift of a tiny little life, living in my own life,
and I humbly thank you for choosing me as an instrument of your love.
In this sweet waiting, help me to live in a constant attitude of self-surrender to your will.
Grant me a motherly heart that is pure, steadfast and generous.
I hand over to you my own concerns; any anxious fears that may come, my own wishes for the little person that I still have no knowledge of.
Grant that it may be born healthy in body; keep far from it every peril to its soul.
Mary, you have known the ineffable joy of a holy motherhood;give me a heart that can transmit an ardent, living faith.
Sanctify my waiting; bless this joyful hope that is in me, grant that the fruit of my womb
may open out in virtue and in holiness through your working with that of your divine Son.
Praise Your name and thank you Father for the little baby that is about to be born. Lord we pray that you would protect this little infant that is being knit together in his mother’s womb and we pray Lord that You would undertake for a safe delivery at the right time.
Thank You that You know every intimate detail of this little life and we pray that by Your grace You would open the best path for this little one to take. May this baby grow up to know and love the Lord Jesus, which will make him wise unto salvation…as did the young Timothy who was taught the Holy Scriptures at the knee of his mother and grandmother.
We pray Your protection and grace for this little baby who is shortly to take his place in the world and ask that he may grow in wisdom and understanding–finding grace and favor with man and God.
Guard and protect both mother and child as the day for delivery draws ever closer and keep them from all the perils and dangers of this life–looking to Jesus in whom is life and light and light and help and wholeness. We ask this in Jesus’s name.
- CCC 2270 Human life must be respected and protected absolutely from the moment of conception. From the first moment of his existence, a human being must be recognized as having the rights of a person – among which is the inviolable right of every innocent being to life.
- Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you.
- My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately wrought in the depths of the earth.